About Me

My photo
crazy Fishkeeper,Fancy guppy breeder, amateur marine fishkeeper

Friday, December 12, 2008

Marine Tank -- Fish ( Pink Skunk Clown-- Amphipirion Perideraion)

No marine tank is complete without a clownfish or two ? Or at least I feel so...My preference for clownfish seems to differ from the typical bright orange/ black patterned " Nemo"-- the pink skunk clownfish with its subtle colours attracts me more and IMO seems to contrast much better with the brighter corals I seek to own...

It is also not without its challenges-- it reportedly is less hardy/durable than other clownfish species and I lost the initial 3, ending up with these 2 stable specimens in my tank. They took to the bubble-tip anemone very readily, sadly which I failed to keep long-term... They didn't seem to mind taking the hammer coral as a substitute lately though....



Pink Skunk Clownfish
(Amphiprion perideraion)
QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Reef Compatible: Yes
Max. Size: 4"
Color Form: Orange, Red, White
Diet: Omnivore

No comments: